10 Oct Golf Carts – The right choice for your needs
Golf Carts (or electric vehicles) are now an essential tool for hotels, parks, marinas, sports facilities and generally all open or closed areas where the transport of passengers and cargo is required. They offer ease of transport, flexibility, they are quiet, economical, ecological and fully fit into a modern environment.
The selection of Golf Carts is based on the needs of each space and use. It is important to make the most appropriate choice so that electric vehicles will perform at their maximum throughout their life, without problems and increased costs. We list below the basic factors of the right choice.
THE BASIC FACTORS – VEHICLE & MANUFACTURER
- New or used – The new vehicle is built according to the latest technologies and has factory warranty. A used vehicle is cheaper at the purchase, as long as it is in good condition and fully functional.
- Reliable and supportive manufacturer – The manufacturer should have a long-standing presence in electric vehicles. It is very important to have full representation in Greece that effectively covers all geographical sections. European manufacturers also have the advantage of speed in the delivery of vehicles and spare parts.
- Size and capacity – The choice is made depending on how many passengers an electric vehicle needs to carry or the size of the cargo area. It is necessary that the manufacturer provides the full range and options for selecting the most suitable vehicle for each use.
- Economy in purchase and use – An important factor is the purchase price of each vehicle. But at the same time the price of consumables / spare parts, the frequency of service, the immediacy in the deliveries of consumables / spare parts must be considered.
THE BASIC FACTORS – TECHNICAL AND OPERATION
- Full load performance and uphills – In Greece most outdoor areas have steep slopes (> 20%), electric vehicles should perform at full load on uphills. Important factors in this are the differential transmission ratio, the maximum motor power and the powerful controller.
- Motor and controller – Modern AC electric motors ensure long service life without any maintenance. The controller must be branded and powerful in Amperes to provide all the necessary power to the vehicle.
- Batteries – In order for the electric vehicle to have great autonomy, its batteries must have a large capacity (> 200Ah) and the operating voltage must be 48V and above. In addition, branded batteries have been proven to have significantly higher performance and lifetime.
- Safety – Electric vehicles carrying passengers and cargo must be totally safe to use. It is important that they have modern hydraulic brakes on all 4 wheels with a separate handbrake system.
- Functionality – The need of use of electric vehicles is 24 hours a day, vehicles must have a complete system of traffic lights. Their equipment also offers important solutions with folding rear seat, easy-to-use cargo areas, protective passenger tents.